Data scientist (m,f,d)
The Department of Pediatric Nephrology at Heidelberg University Hospital is looking for an ambitious data scientist who is interested in contributing to the coordination of a network for rare diseases in an international and interdisciplinary field.
The position is currently limited to 1 year and available from August, 1st 2022. A continuation of the employment is intended. The reimbursement will be according to TV-UK tariff conditions.
- Coordination and development of research databases
- Standardization and interoperability of different databases following the FAIR principles
- Mapping of different databases to the OMOP Common Data Model
- Create project documentation and project overviews
- Organization of cross-platform inquiries and statistical analyses
- Contributions to publications, project proposals and reports
- Management of a work package on data collection, integration and sharing in an international research collaboration on rare diseases
- At least a master’s degree (a PhD is a plus) in a scientifically relevant field such as biology, bioinformatics, medical informatics, data sciences
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis of small datasets is a plus
- Experience in semantic web application is a plus
- Experience of international research collaborations
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English (minimum C1), knowledge of German is a plus
- Experience in scientific writing
- Excellent personal organization and capacity to work independently
What we offer:
We are committed to a team-oriented working atmosphere with flat hierarchies.
A family-friendly environment and good work-life-balance are important to us. We offer flexible working hours as well as an excellent infrastructure for remote work.
Goal-oriented, individual training and development opportunities
Targeted initial training
Possibility of childcare (crèche and kindergarten) as well as subsidy for vacation care for school children
Active health promotion
Access to the university library and other university facilities (e.g. university sports)
Iris Gaa Ben-Ali (Assistant, Project management): firstname.lastname@example.org