The ERKNet Education & Training Taskforce is pleased to announce the second class of the ERKNet Postgraduate Curriculum in Rare Kidney Diseases. The launch of the ERKNet Postgraduate School in January 2021 has received high appreciation and 231 ERKNet students have enrolled from 59 HCP in 22 European countries.
The curriculum is a structured 3-year programme covering the entire field of rare kidney diseases in a series of webinars and a case-based eLearning module. We have already released 21 eLearning cases (more are coming) from different disease groups and have created a webinar curriculum for 2022 with a number of fascinating topics and excellent speakers.
The training programme targets post-graduate physicians who wish to become certified European experts in rare kidney diseases. Physicians who complete the educational program and document sufficient clinical activity in the field of rare kidney diseases will be recognized by a Certificate as “Rare Kidney Disease Specialist”.
You are eligible to sign up for the Curriculum if you fulfill the following criteria:
- Employee of an ERKNet Member, Affiliated Partner or Applicant centre with positive pre-evaluation
- Postgraduate trainee in internal medicine/pediatrics, or
- Postgraduate trainee in nephrology or pediatric nephrology, or
- Nephrologist or pediatric nephrologist, geneticist, or nephropathologist
The criteria below will qualify for the Certificate at the end of the three-year curriculum:
- Attendance to at least 80% of all ERKNet Webinars within a three-year period (minimum 48 Webinars, which can also be attended offline by videostreaming)
- > 75% correct answers in Webinar-related questions
- Processing of at least 80% of all eLearning cases (minimum 30 cases)
- > 75% correctly answered case questions
- Documented 2 years of clinical activity in the field of rare kidney diseases in an ERKNet member, Affiliated Partner or Applicant centre with positive pre-evaluation
You can subscribe to the Curriculum until December 31, 2021. The training content will start on January 15, 2022. Until then you will receive the necessary information and log-in details.
In case of any questions please contact us at education[at]erknet.org.
Looking forward to your active participation,
Your ERKucation Team